SAVE THE DATE
This course will be held again on
May 3 – 5, 2023.
Information contained in this site is for the 2022 program.
Information for the 2023 program not yet available.
The Comprehensive Neurorehabilitation Update
Cutting-edge strategies, updates, and best practices for clinicians who provide care for patients with CNS trauma and neurological diseases
NeuroRehabilitation 2022 will be held online this year, using live streaming, electronic Q&A, and other remote learning technologies.
Patients with stroke, TBI, SCI, brain tumors, and degenerative neurological diseases face significant disruption to so many facets of their lives, and clinicians are left with so many treatment dimensions to consider, that rehabilitation is never simple. These challenges are compounded by the fact that rehabilitation approaches are now in a period of rapid expansion. It’s difficult to stay current with, choose, and use the best options for neurorehabilitation—yet this is key to optimizing patient outcomes.
It’s with these challenges in mind that we present NeuroRehabilitation 2022. Many of the country’s most experienced and committed neurorehabilitation experts will present cutting-edge clinical interventions, the latest findings, practical education, and hands-on methods to further your expertise in guiding your patients to their maximum level of function.
Clinicians who provide care for patients with CNS trauma and neurological diseases can rely on this new update for proven, state-of-the-art practices and take-home tools to heighten your success in effectively and efficiently helping your patients gain the skills that will improve their health, function, and quality of life.
Enhanced and Accelerated Recovery
This program includes important updates, new best practices, and state-of-the-art approaches to enhance and accelerate recovery, including:
- Telehealth in neurorehabilitation
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Pharmacologic interventions
- Transcranial magnetic and direct current stimulation
- Spinal stimulation after SCI
- Early mobilization in the ICU
- Neurorehabilitation after COVID-19
- Functional electrical stimulation
- Upper extremity muscle-tendon-nerve transfers
- Approaches to ambulation after SCI: advanced technology
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Visual rehabilitation
- Augmentative and alternative communication
- Intensive language therapy
- Treatment of substance abuse
- Music therapy
Improved Quality of Life
This program includes strategies, best practices, and cutting-edge approaches to help foster quality of life:
- Wellness interventions
- Motivational interviewing
- Sports and exercise
- Addressing sexuality after SCI
Evolving Treatment Options
This program offers attendees the opportunity to learn about the future of treatment options and how and when they will impact patient outcomes:
- Spinal stimulation after SCI
- Brain-computer interface
- Functional neuroimaging in disorders of consciousness
- Hypoxia for recovery after SCI
- Robotic therapy for stroke
- Harnessing the placebo effect
Expanded Understanding of a Wide Range of Neurological Conditions
This program will deepen attendees' knowledge and enhance their decisions concerning neurorehabilitation options:
- Post-concussion symptoms
- Chronic traumatic encephalopathy
- Aging with SCI
- Social cognition and affective processing
- Confusional state after TBI
- Cardiometabolic disease after SCI
Optimized for Remote Education
The 2022 program has been enhanced for distance learning. In addition to being live streamed, all sessions will be recorded and made available to participants for online viewing for 90 days after the end of the course.